Isabel (& Josiah) Island

Eagan, Minnesota
I am a Christian, trying-to-be-crunchy wife and mama of two kids (nearly 5 and nearly 3), who keep me very busy, as well as the mother of our angel baby who was born and went to be with Jesus on November 26, 2012. I also work full-time outside the home so I don't get to blog nearly as much as I would like about my children, but I do what I can!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

First haircut

All week, I have been talking to Isabel about her first haircut. The plan was to go to the hair salon after swimming today, and if she seemed OK with it, to get her hair cut. If she was totally freaked out, we were going to just watch another little girl or boy get their hair cut, then talk about it for another week or so and then go back. When we got there, she was in good spirits, and they had an appointment available, so I decided to just go for it! She chose a book, and up into the big red chair she went. Serious, but not crying :)
Luckily, they were playing her favorite show, Dora the Explorer, on the TV right in front of her! She sat quite still and attentively while the stylist wet down and began trimming her hair.

As I had suspected, as soon as the hair dryer came out, she got scared, but all she did was ask for lovey, and once she had it, her fingers went into her mouth, and still no crying! My brave girl!
All dry! Now she got to choose a lollipop, just as Mommy had promised her. She chose, of course, a pink one (well, pink wrapper anyway), and got right down to unwrapping it.

Thanks, Mommy!
Back view of the new 'do! Much more even than the ragged look she was wearing before! So pretty!









No comments:

Post a Comment