Isabel (& Josiah) Island

Eagan, Minnesota
I am a Christian, trying-to-be-crunchy wife and mama of two kids (nearly 5 and nearly 3), who keep me very busy, as well as the mother of our angel baby who was born and went to be with Jesus on November 26, 2012. I also work full-time outside the home so I don't get to blog nearly as much as I would like about my children, but I do what I can!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Arrival day: Duluth

Today we embarked on our first vacation as a family of four (five if you count our furry companion who is joining us on this particular vacation) - to Duluth, MN! We figured our first one we would stay a little closer to home. No airplanes for us this year!

We have encountered a few minor obstacles as our journey began today, including mysteriously missing baby boy shoes, a co-sleeper that was fighting desperately to not be broken down and packed into the car, and a couple of poopy diapers moments before we were heading out the door this morning, but hey - what can you expect for a family with two kiddos under the age of 2 1/2? We took it all in stride and were out the door just after 10 a.m.

When we got here we had a tired and hungry toddler (no nap in the car for her and we had pushed through lunch, just having snacks in the car) and were looking forward to getting some food in her tummy and getting her down for a nap ASAP upon arrival to our room at the Edgewater Resort. Luke got our room keys from the lobby, and we headed to our room, flung open the door, and discovered...luggage in our room. Odd, seeing as we had not unpacked our car yet! Back to the front desk we trudged, increasingly-overtired-and-starving girl in tow. Half an hour later, the confusion was cleared up and we were in our new room (complete with no luggage except for ours!)

Now Luke is out exploring the immediate vicinity of Duluth and I am in a sleeping chamber with two children with full tummies and hopefully happy dreams. I would be sleeping myself if it were not for my beloved golden retriever who is pacing the room and whining/barking under her breath at all the strange sounds in the hallway. Oh well, that is another story...

Stay tuned for updates from Duluth this week and adorable photos of a little miss Isabel in her brand-new swimming suits from Grandma Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment