Isabel (& Josiah) Island

Eagan, Minnesota
I am a Christian, trying-to-be-crunchy wife and mama of two kids (nearly 5 and nearly 3), who keep me very busy, as well as the mother of our angel baby who was born and went to be with Jesus on November 26, 2012. I also work full-time outside the home so I don't get to blog nearly as much as I would like about my children, but I do what I can!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Duluth Day 3: Hiking with two under 3

Tuesday morning we set out on a very adventurous outing to Gooseberry Falls. Hiking is adventurous in and of itself, but this particular hike was made even more adventurous by the fact that we had two children under the age of 3 strapped to our bodies, plus a golden retriever who is, shall we say, lacking in her leash manners! If we were looking for adventure, we certainly found it!

Getting Isabel all situated in the backpack carrier

As you can see, she likes it!

Josiah rode in the front carrier for this hike and slept most of the time, as long as we were moving.

We stopped for a snack and to nurse Josiah at a little lakeside beach with a picnic table. Luke was trying valiantly to get all four of us in a photo and could usually only get three of the four to look at the camera. But, the one above is the closest we got, with me holding desperately to Ginger's collar keeping her from dragging me and Josiah down to the lakeshore with her to do more exploring!

Isabel learned that throwing rocks into the lake is an OK thing to do, and was having the time of her life! I love the stance!

All in all, we managed to hike a mile, which we considered an accomplishment! We figure our distance will improve when the kids are older on future vacations!








No comments:

Post a Comment