Isabel (& Josiah) Island

Eagan, Minnesota
I am a Christian, trying-to-be-crunchy wife and mama of two kids (nearly 5 and nearly 3), who keep me very busy, as well as the mother of our angel baby who was born and went to be with Jesus on November 26, 2012. I also work full-time outside the home so I don't get to blog nearly as much as I would like about my children, but I do what I can!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Duluth Day 4: Canal Park

Wednesday we stuck a little closer to "home" and spent the day walking around at Canal Park in the heart of Duluth, on the edge of Lake Superior. Luke and I have vacationed to the North Shore nearly every year since we have been married, and always during the busy season (June through August). We have enjoyed being here during the slow season for a change, because crowds have been much smaller than we have been used to on our past visits. This has made it easier to be here with Ginger, and also made it easier to keep an eye on our very curious toddler!

In Canal Park, Isabel enjoyed...

...splashing in a water fountain,


...once again throwing rocks into Lake Superior with Daddy,



...and feasting on some of Grandma's famous spaghetti (the same kind served to the runners after Grandma's Marathon),


All of this exploration made her VERY tired! She is fiercely independent these days and always likes to walk, but here she was glad to be carried and in went the fingers...a clear indication of her fatigue!


Josiah just pretty much hung out happily in his stroller all day, which was pretty much the only way we could keep him out of the hot sun (I got a nasty sunburn by the way). He is even finding his thumb more and more often as opposed to the paci. Way to go Josiah!

After some good naps back at our room, we again ventured down to the waterpark, where Josiah had his first experience in the swimming pool. He enjoyed it a lot, no crying ever, and I had him in there for nearly half an hour! Everyone thought he was just the cutest thing.

After her tiring day and general apprehension about the waterpark, Isabel wanted nothing to do with the pools this time around. So, she and Daddy ordered dinner and sat at a nearby table while Josiah and I played in the water. Here she is hanging out with (and imitating) the mascots of the resort, Tiki Tom and Tiki Tina.












1 comment:

  1. Hi Isabel and Josiah! I am so glad that you are having fun at my waterpark and enjoying Duluth! I would love to meet you. Your Mom can ask for me at the front desk if you want to meet me. If there is anything that I can do to make your stay happier, please just ask!
    Thanks for being my guest. From, Tiki Tom.

    ReplyDelete