Isabel (& Josiah) Island

Eagan, Minnesota
I am a Christian, trying-to-be-crunchy wife and mama of two kids (nearly 5 and nearly 3), who keep me very busy, as well as the mother of our angel baby who was born and went to be with Jesus on November 26, 2012. I also work full-time outside the home so I don't get to blog nearly as much as I would like about my children, but I do what I can!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Clad in cloth

Some of you might know about my newfound obsession with cloth diapering. I have always had a "green" streak in me, and so when my good friend Jenna introduced me to it a little over a year ago, I was intrigued. We dabbled in it with Isabel, doing cloth at night mostly and disposables during the day. But with Josiah, I am in full-blown cloth mode, loving it, and consider myself fully addicted!

The photos below are from just after we brought him home from the hospital. This type of diaper is called a prefold, and requires the "snappi" to hold it closed, so that you don't have to use diaper pins. We used prefolds for the first month he was home, but were borrowing the prefold waterproof covers (like the gray-and-white striped one shown below) from Jenna, so when she had her son Levi, we returned them and I started shopping for new diapers for him!



I have had so much fun building up my diaper stash for Josiah. I have learned a lot about what I like, what I don't like, and what I want to try next! And, you have to admit, they are just so doggone cute!!! The photo below is from today when I put him in my current favorite diaper, the Katydid pocket diaper. He is clearly enjoying having a cloth-covered bum too! No chemicals touching this baby soft skin!


As the weather gets warmer here in our beautiful MN summer, I am sure you will see many more photos of this little guy clad in just an adorable, earth-friendly cloth diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment