Isabel (& Josiah) Island

Eagan, Minnesota
I am a Christian, trying-to-be-crunchy wife and mama of two kids (nearly 5 and nearly 3), who keep me very busy, as well as the mother of our angel baby who was born and went to be with Jesus on November 26, 2012. I also work full-time outside the home so I don't get to blog nearly as much as I would like about my children, but I do what I can!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

How to pray like a child

Isabel and I read another chapter in the Jesus Storybook Bible that I was really impacted by. The chapter was from Matthew 6 and included a child-like paraphrase of The Lord's Prayer. The Storybook Bible quotes Jesus as saying to His followers, "So when you pray, pray in your normal voice, just like when you're talking to someone you love very much. Like this...

Hello Daddy!
We want to know you.
And be close to you.
Please show us how.
Make everything in the world right again.
And in our hearts, too.
Do what is best - just like you do in heaven,
And please do it down here, too.
Please give us everything we need today.
Forgive us for doing wrong, for hurting you.
Forgive us just as we forgive other people when they hurt us.
Rescue us! We need you.
We don't want to keep running away and hiding from you.
Keep us safe from our enemies.
You're strong, God.
You can do whatever you want.
You are in charge.
Now and forever and for always!
We think you're great!
Amen!
Yes we do!

I know that I could really benefit in my walk with God, by remembering that I can talk to God very conversationally, throughout the day, using my own normal voice, talking to Him as I would talk to someone I love very much. It is so amazing to me that as a parent, I am learning so much and growing in my own faith journey, by introducing Isabel to Jesus and seeing Him and His teachings through the eyes of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment