Isabel (& Josiah) Island

Eagan, Minnesota
I am a Christian, trying-to-be-crunchy wife and mama of two kids (nearly 5 and nearly 3), who keep me very busy, as well as the mother of our angel baby who was born and went to be with Jesus on November 26, 2012. I also work full-time outside the home so I don't get to blog nearly as much as I would like about my children, but I do what I can!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

We're in "Loh-la" (translation = "Florida")

When I went into Isabel's bedroom this morning just after 7 where she was chatting happily in her crib, my conversation with her went as follows:

Mommy asked: "Where are we going today?"
Isabel promptly replied, "Up high!"
Mommy (laughing): "Yes, honey, that is right, we are going up high in an airplane. And where is that airplane taking us?"
Isabel: "Loh-la!"
Mommy: "That's right! And who lives in Florida?"
Isabel: "Mimmie!" (can be translated "Mickey" or "Minnie")
Mommy: "Right! And who else?"
Isabel: "Nahma!" (Grandma)
Mommy: "And who else?"
Isabel: "Papa!"

Ah, the adorable early morning conversations with a toddler. I will miss the mispronounciations as she grows, because with each word she learns to pronounce correctly, she is getting older and slowly but surely becoming less dependent on me. I cannot believe that she is going to be two years old in one week. The time has flown and with another one on the way, it will surely go by even faster.

So, we arrived safely in Florida to a balmy and humid (albeit overcast and drizzling) 70 degrees. Isabel did quite well on the plane for a two-year-old, and actually, shockingly, fell asleep in her stroller shortly after we landed at the Orlando airport. She NEVER EVER falls asleep in her stroller, so this was quite amazing and photo-worthy (photos will be posted soon as we are trying to figure out how to upload them from our camera to the computer)! Not to mention, she continued to sleep in that stroller for 25 minutes in what was without a doubt the loudest rental car parking garage I have ever been in. There were car alarms being set off every few minutes as people were trying to find their cars (none of the spaces were numbered, as the garage was under major construction), and at least twice, a large tractor passed by within 5 feet of her stroller dragging metal garbage cans over the concrete (take a second to imagine how loud that was!) and the kid never even fluttered an eyelash. Quite tuckered out from the long travel day...but had a great evening as we visited with our friends Jenna ("Nenna"), Aaron ("Aay-on"), and Camille ("Meel!"). The little princess is now sleeping soundly as her parents enjoy our first evening of a much needed VACATION!

"Checking her messages" after the plane landed! :)



What a tired girl to sleep through the ruckus of the parking garage!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it o.k. Have fun in Orlando, hopefully the rain will only last a day. Take care of my little girl, can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete