Isabel (& Josiah) Island

Eagan, Minnesota
I am a Christian, trying-to-be-crunchy wife and mama of two kids (nearly 5 and nearly 3), who keep me very busy, as well as the mother of our angel baby who was born and went to be with Jesus on November 26, 2012. I also work full-time outside the home so I don't get to blog nearly as much as I would like about my children, but I do what I can!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Twins game and happy late night baby!

Today Luke and I took a 1/2 day off work and went to the noon Twins game with Isabel and the Polzin family (Jenna, Aaron, and Camille). We had a bit of fiasco getting there with trying to park in downtown Minneapolis during a workday, but the girls were in really good spirits so it was OK! The game was fun but challenging with two toddlers who were getting a bit squirmy after being confined in laps for a couple of hours. (As a side note, trying to find toddler-friendly food at the Dome is also VERY challenging! Isabel liked eating pieces of a soft pretzel with cheese but by the time she was done with that, the white part of her new Twins shirt was mostly orange. We ended up buying a Southwest chicken wrap so we could feed the girls pieces of the tomato tortilla, cheese, and chicken, and it was pretty funny with Luke sitting in the middle of the two girls, handing them both pieces of food at the same time, one to each side. We called him the vending machine!

The game was depressing at first with the Twins down 5-0 to the Tigers. But, in the bottom of the seventh, we scored 6 runs and pulled ahead 6-5! After that, we had to leave because Camille was so very sleepy and Isabel wanted nothing to do with sitting down anymore (Daddy had been walking her all around the empty cheap seats close to the top of the Dome for the entire 1/2 inning before we left). We got some cute photos on Jenna's camera so I will post those soon.

After the game, I had to go to my last night of class, and I got home at 8:00 after Isabel had been in bed for an hour already. Luke was outside weed-eating when I got home, and was periodically checking the baby monitor, even though Isabel barely ever needs anything after she goes to bed (thank you once again miracle-sleeping baby!). I came inside to put away my things and get something to eat, and I heard her talking happily from her room. She does this sometimes for a minute or two, but this just went on and on, and she was clearly having a grand old time in there with her stuffed animals. Her voice sounded a little loud like her door might be open (we always close her door when she goes to sleep), so I tiptoed up the stairs and peeked in, and yep, her door was nearly all the way open. She was standing up in her crib, bouncing, talking, laughing, it was absolutely adorable and hysterically funny! I actually got the video camera and filmed just the sound of her for awhile because it was so cute. Luke and I had a good laugh about "yep, Daddy has it all under control...never fear Mommy, she is in good hands!" :)

I bet she would have just talked up there for awhile on her own and then gone back to sleep, but she was in such a good mood that I just couldn't resist getting her up for awhile. I broke my own rule and got her up for an hour, and I don't regret it one bit. That hour I spent with her, she was in one of the best moods I have probably ever seen her in. No fussing, no tantrums, she was just playing with her toys, toddling around, babbling to me, laughing at the kitties and the puppy, and having a super time. She even had a snack of Alpha-Bits and some water. She watched a bit of baseball highlights with Luke and I toward the very end of the evening, and I laid her down again at 9:30. She went down without a hitch and is sleeping now.

Babies are just so precious. Thank you, Lord, for giving me this extra hour tonight with my amazing little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment